Cant Start Automation for JIRA

Steve Josue June 30, 2022

When we attempted to start Automation, we get two separate failures between selecting "Sample Project" or "Existing Project" Project.

When selecting "Sample Project" we get the error, " An unknown error occurred. Please contact Code Barrel Support. TypeError: Cannot convert undefined or null to object".

When attempting to select "Existing Project" we get the never ending Spinning wheel.

Thanks,

-Steve Josue'

2 answers

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2022

I think that overall this "Cannot convert undefined or null to object" was related to a bug which was fixed in 8.0.3 version (released two days ago - 29.07.2022)

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JIRAAUTOSERVER-502

If someone could not upgrade to this version the workaround is to access Automation for Jira directly from the Project Settings (or downgrade as @Dan Stefan Teletin did)

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2022

Hi @Steve Josue 

Did you tried on a different browser? What is the result? Same? Is this the same behavior for all users?

Steve Josue July 5, 2022

Yes, both Chrome and Edge display exactly the same.

Thank,

-Steve

David Jansson July 11, 2022

Hi @Steve Josue 

We face the same problem

Did you find a solution? Uninstall and use scriptrunner for jira which actually works?

-David 

Dan Stefan Teletin July 25, 2022

Hello, the issue is still not solved, (and it is not a problem with the browser). 

I am currently on "Automation for Jira" version 8.0.0

And I am running Jira software server  v8.20.11 if it matters.

Do we have any solution or a workaround? Do we need to upgrade or downgrade the installed Jira automation app version? 

Is there a task opened for this defect so we can track it?

Dan Stefan Teletin July 26, 2022

Hy, I managed to make this work by downgrading it to v7.4.2 and it works fine on the Jira server version 8.2.0

Like Amine Tanboura likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events