Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you change the Release field that Portfolio looks at?

Justin Bunde March 30, 2020

Currently the Release field in Portfolio looks at the "Fix Version" in the actual JIRA tickets.  Can you change this to look at a different field or a custom field?  We are starting to use Program Increments and would like to create a custom field moving forward.

1 answer

0 votes
Roi Fine
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2020

Hi Justin,

I'm sorry but you can't map fix version to a custom field. I'm curious to learn why you prefer a custom field over the fix version field.

Cheers,

Roi

Justin Bunde March 31, 2020

We currently use the "Fix Version" field to in our task/bug tickets to identify which software build the fix was built into.  So essentially it is used as a historical tracker field after the task/bug is completed.  The Release field in Portfolio is/should be used to determine which release you are planning to submit the fix into.  In our case we are using Program Increments to plan our future releases.  If we could map to a custom field, we would use a new field in the task tickets called Program Increment that would map directly back to Portfolio.  This would then be our planning field and Fix Version would be our historical reference.

Roi Fine
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2020

Interesting stuff, thank you. I'm still not sure why you would need two fields and not one. Is it for the sake of program increments reporting? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events