Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use Jira Portfolio just for high level planning

JG Meillaud January 15, 2015

Hello,

We need a tool to plan the different projects of our agency. So far we use a basic excel file X-axis = time (weekly), Y-axis = projects and we show the phase of the project inside the table (creative, production...).

I saw this screenshot on Atlassian's blog: http://atlassian.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/Screen-Shot-2015-01-12-at-10.40.44-AM.png

This is exactly what I want.

But I don't want to link any JIRA ticket, create any team, configure any skill, plan releases etc...

I just want to create a project as an epic and then a creative user story that lasts 2 weeks and a production user story that lasts 2 weeks etc... (basically I just want to have to deal with the Backlog/Epics page and enjoy en Reports/Schedule one)

Is it possible?

Cheers,

JG

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
WeAreAllJustinNow
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2015

Hi JG,

Portfolio requires that you create a team for its planning functionality to work.  If you don't enter in any team information, the report in that screenshot won't generate.

That all being said, I would suggest you download a trial for JIRA Portfolio and play with it a little.  You may find that by entering a placeholder team, you'll get what you are looking for.

JG Meillaud January 15, 2015

Hi Justin, Thanks, I already installed the trial version and had a play around. It's a bit disappointing that the tool has to be fully set up in order to bring any value. I understand the value in the resource planning/analysis etc... But if it cannot be incrementally implemented and requires a big project to be set up we won't be able to use it. Fast implementation and flexibility used to be your biggest strengths in my opinion. Cheers, JG

0 votes
Matt Howell February 8, 2015

It sounds like you are really looking for different tool.  Have you seen this plugin for Confluence?  It allows you to create simple views like you are suggesting:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-roadmap-plugin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events