Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have more than one roadmaps for the same project based on the same board?

Rakesh Kala April 28, 2022

A board "default_board" is already created and a plan / roadmap "Default_plan" is based upon the same board "default_board". It has stories planned on it.

Can I create another plan /roadmap based on the same "default_board" and use the same stories and can line them up for different dates. Does this activity will overwrite the stories on the board with respect to the timelines.

I believe the plan is just a view and adding up stories, tasks and filling up the details won't affect the board contents. Please correct me if I have a wrong understanding. 

1 answer

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2022

@Rakesh Kala -

Instead of creating another plan using the same source content, you should use scenairo concept of AR for Jira plan - https://confluence.atlassian.com/advancedroadmapscloud/using-scenarios-998651186.html.  It will give you/your team a way to create different "What if" planning.

Lastly, as long as you don't commit the changes in the plan back to your Jira project, then it will not affect the source content.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events