Can I create a plan for an existing board without affecting it?

Max Mustermann July 14, 2021

I want to create a plan for an existing board and test the functionality as I haven’t used it before. Can I do so without changing the user stories or other things from the board?

If I create a Roadmap for the board and use the auto schedule function, will it change the sprint for the board too or will it just affect the plan itself?

Thanks for your help.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angus Russell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2021

Hi @Max Mustermann 

Advanced Roadmaps is a sandboxed environment. Everything you do is done in a "scenario" and you're free to play around as much as you like without affecting the issues in Jira. Once you're happy with the changes you've made in the plan, you can commit those changes back to Jira.

Happy planning :)

Angus

1 vote
Answer accepted
Chris Francuz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2021

Hi Max,

Yes you can test out a plan without affecting the user stories from the board.

The changes you make in an Advanced Roadmaps, including auto schedule suggestions, are done in a sandbox environment. The sandboxed changes can then be reviewed and either committed to Jira or discarded. 

There is some information on this here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/advancedroadmapscloud/save-changes-to-jira-software-998651321.html

Hope that helps you getting started!

Regards,

Chris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events