Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boards based on Portfolio Team (shared) field

Bernardo July 4, 2018

Hi,

I'm configuring boards with JQL filters that are based on shared portfolio teams. Here my problems:

* When I create issues directly from the backlog this issues do not get automatically assigned to the portfolio team in which the board is based. Whereas if I instead use a custom team field to configure our boards the system will recognize it and when I create an issue directly from backlog it will automatically assign it to the specific custom team field I base the board on. Any workaround or tips in order to get the issues directly assigned to a shared team in which I base a board when I create this issue directly from the backlog (no scripts please)

* Also, how is it possible that the "Team" field from portfolio can not be configured to to be displayed as part of the "Issue Detail View" within a board? This makes no sense. Is there anything I can do, any tips?

Thks and best regards,

Bernardo  

2 answers

2 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2018

Hey there Bernardo,

The Portfolio Team Field does have a few limitations currently, and being added to the Issue Detail View on an agile board is currently one of those limitations.

We have the following Feature Request tracking this:

Make sure to add your vote and any additional feedback you have to the feature request to help in development and prioritization efforts on this one.

Regards,
Earl

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2018

Hi Bernardo,

Without the possibility of use of scripts in ScriptRunner, this is no other way than the manual way you are currently using to get the association.

There's a feature request below that asks to display a warning when adding unassignable users to your team:

For your 2nd question, Team field is on the main issue view. If you don't currently have it there, perhaps it has been removed from that screen? 

You can use the "Where's my Field" in Admin Helper to see for sure:

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 9.57.34 AM.png

Let me know if you have any questions!

Shannon

Bernardo July 10, 2018

Hi Shanon,

Thanks for your reply, in regards to the first question, ok, got that, scrip runner, however, from a UX perspective it would be if users could create issues directly from the board and assign this issues to the team without scripting. As this is possible with any other custom field I use. Example:

* I create "Scrum Team" custom field based on a single choice drop down. I use some some basic JQL to configure a team board (project = XYZ and Scrum Team = ZYX) by using this filter, If a create and issue from the board, the system will automatically assing it the the "Scrum Team" = ZYX. In my opinion same logic should be applied when using and out of the box Portfolio Field "Team"

My second question:

I think you did miss understand it. I am not referring to the main issue view or screen, my field is in the screen 100%

I am talking about the  "Issue Detail View" within a board. Without the possibility to manage that field on the Backlog view or Active sprint, the integration of portfolio into the boards kind of sucks (see below) any suggestion.

Thanks!

issue detail view, scrum board.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events