Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-schedule on unestimated issues

Ian Rees May 25, 2022

Does Auto-schedule depend on all issues in the plan being sized/estimated.  Scenario is a Scrum Team that uses Story Points and elaborates issues and sizes for issues in near term backlog.  So other issues in the Backlog that are further away are not yet sized. What would Auto-schedule do with those unsized issues

1 answer

0 votes
Eddie Meardon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2022

Hi @Ian Rees

The Auto-scheduler only touches issues that have been estimated. Any issues without one in your plan will simply be ignored. 

Cheers

Mark Scott August 11, 2022

This doesn't appear to be the case for auto-scheduler in our Jira instance.

I've been struggling - because in the improved planning interface, all unestimated issues get start and stop dates of the entire release.  It correctly assigns start/stop for those with story points.

If I switch back to the old planning view, I was able to tell it to provide default estimates, I just happen to like some features of the newer interface better, so I have to go back and forth.

Eddie Meardon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2022

Hmmm, it sounds like you have a real mystery on your hands. Without seeing more of your site, I can't really help. 

What I'd recommend is that you reach out to Atlassian Support at support.atlassian.com/contact. They'll be able to help you troubleshoot your specific problem. 

Hope this helps, 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events