cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-schedule lefts story points out of sprint that could be done

laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2020

Hello,

I am hoping someone can give me a better understanding on how portfolio works. I have been testing it and it seems that the autoschedule always leaves story points out when they could fit in the capacity of the team or they choose one issues over others with no logic

In this example there is just one jira project, the team sprint velocity is 16 sp and all the issues are unassigned.
image.png

I do not understand why is giving priority to the issues 32 and 31 instead of 27. 27 Was created before and is in a release with a sooner target date. Before 32 and 31 where created it scheduled it in the next sprint but, after they were created is moving it later. Also the current configuration is:
2+2+5+1+3= 13 so it could fit more issues ( but there isn't one that would fit)
But if it did
5+5+1+3= 14 it could also fit one of the 2 sp issues 14+2=16, filling all the story points of the sprint!
So, any idea why it may be giving priority to the two issues with 2 sp instead of the issue that was created earlier.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2020

Hi @laralg ,

32 and 31 are ranked higher, which is a major factor in prioritisation here. That's the same rank as what you will see in your Sprint board or kanban board, what's on top is what's coming next.

You can find more on our ranking and scheduling in the following documentation pages:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/ranking-issues-967895243.html

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/auto-scheduling-issues-967895245.html

Cheers,

Thomas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events