cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-schedule bugs - shifting teams, shrinking times, overbooking teams

Janene Pappas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2022

I have a test Advanced Roadmap I am working with in preparation for creating roadmaps for all of our teams. I have 3 test projects with pristine issues. I've set up 4 JAR Kanban "teams" each with a weekly capacity of 40 hours. I have monthly releases for 1 of the projects. (This is what we have in our company.)

I've experimented and arrived at a schedule. When I then add a new task, lowest priority, 40 days estimate and auto-schedule, the preview shows Team 4. Team 4 is booked in a higher priority slot above so this would overbook Team 4. If I continue on and Accept the changes, the new Epic is instead assigned to Team 1,  and overbooks Team 1 instead. This sequence is shown in the attached screenshots, colored by Team.

In my experiments, I've had the auto-schedule shrink the time to less than the estimate, but it consistently overbooks a team. Am I doing this wrong or are these bugs? 

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 3.03.19 PM.png

Added the new task. Preview shows Team 4:

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 3.03.54 PM.png

Accepted changes, now assigned to Team 1:

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 3.04.46 PM.png

This one with estimate of 50 days, overbooks Team 4 completely.

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 3.04.46 PM.png

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events