Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning QA Verify JIRa automatically to person instead of leaving it unassigned

chandru March 14, 2018

is there a way to automatically assign JIRA when moved to QAVerify to a particular person?

Right now our dev resolve the JIRA with a resolution which moves the JIRA to QA Verify status through our workflow.But the JIRA remains un assigned.

How can i make these JIRAs to get assigned to a particular assignee say a QA lead or a group so that person becomes the owner of that JIRA.

Any help would be appreciated

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2018

Hi @chandru

You could set up a screen with the assignee available to edit after the transition, or you can use a post function to auto assign it to a specific person with the Update Issue Field(Image 1)Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 6.05.48 PM.pngIf you need help on locating this please let me know. I can post more screen shots! Have a good day!

chandru March 14, 2018

Thanks Brittany for your answer. Could you please post the screenshots/steps for locating it? that would be helpful.

P.S: I have only the Project Admin access and not the JIRA admin access.So i may have to contact your JIRA admin based on your reply

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2018

Hey @chandru

You'll need to contact your Jira admin to update the workflow for you. 

I believe you'll have to contact your Jira admin about the screen creation as well.

I would write out some requirements like this...

Add a post function of 'Update Issue Field' to the Issue Field = Assignee. Field Value = QA Lead (Name) after the transition to QA Verify. 

Hope this helps!

chandru March 14, 2018

Thanks Bittany.I will contact the JIRA admin with the above info.

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2018

You're very welcome! If you found this information useful could you please accept it as an answer to your question! 

Have a great rest of your week! 

chandru March 16, 2018

Yes. Accept this as an answer

Alex Hanley
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 17, 2018

Please look for the tick mark to the left of the answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events