Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Epics to planned initiatives

Christopher Foley March 2, 2020

I have created an initiative in my plan. I haven't pushed it down to JIRA, its just available in my plan.

The problem I have is that when I try to set the parent of an Epic (an existing Epic already in JIRA, or a new Epic just available in the plan) to be the new planned initiative, the initiative in question does not show in the drop down list of available initiatives.

Only the initiatives which are represented in JIRA show up as potential parents of the Epic.

Is this expected behaviour, that I can only assign Epics to an initiative which has been pushed to JIRA? This kind of defeats the purpose of planning mode to a degree; I create my planned initiatives and their planned epics and when I'm happy with that plan I push the whole thing to JIRA.

I have checked my settings and don't think I have anything set (i.e. filters) that is hiding the planned initiative I want to be come parent of certain Epics.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christopher Foley March 2, 2020

Ok, so I tried drag and drop of the Epic in under the planned initiative and it worked.

But the set parent approach looks to be causing an issue. But once I have one way to do it, then it's fine.

0 votes
Sarah June 14, 2020

I'm trying to drag and drop as well, but it won't work, am wondering what I'm missing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events