Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving issues in Jira / setting up a Release

Linda Jorgensen July 2, 2019

I am trying to archive some issues and have been told I need to set up a Release first.  When I review documentation for setting up a Release it does not match what I am seeing in our Project options.  I am not seeing a "Release" or "Add Release".  Suggestions on how/where I can find/add this Release option so that I can Archive issues?  

1 answer

0 votes
Ross McCoy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2019

Hello,

Without knowing what version of Portfolio for Jira you're using, I can only offer some general advice - thought this should cover versions 2.0 through 2.27 as well as the latest versions of Portfolio for Jira Server, as well as Portfolio for Jira Cloud.

Atlassian provides documentation on managing your releases here for Portfolio for Jira Server - there are two methods for creating a release, depending on whether you are using a live plan or a plan with the improved interface.

If you are using Portfolio for Jira Cloud, you can reference section 5 on this page for the instructions for managing releases in Cloud.

If you are using a version of Portfolio outside of the above, or if this documentation still doesn't seem to apply to you, please let me know both the version of Jira and Portfolio for Jira you're using, as well as supply a screenshot of the place in the UI you're expecting to create a release at, and I can provide more detailed instructions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events