Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After a system reboot the first run of startup of Jira Server Fails - cant connect to db

pnelsonsr August 6, 2020

Having a weird error that has started happening with the last 3 (or 4) updates, where the first time I run the startup it fails (immediately) with an error that says it cannot connect to the database (which is running).  I simply have to re-run the startup command and it then works.  Here is my setup:

Fedora 32

Jira Server 8.11.0

Postgresql 12.3

I am fully aware that Jira doesn't support 12.3 we have a requirement that all software has to be to the latest version and on the second start everything works.

Any idea of what I can look at?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
pnelsonsr September 27, 2020

I found this was related to the fact that I had changed the systemctl file by putting a want into it and then enabling the service.  So when I rebooted it, it was really already starting up, and not relizing this, I would restart it which caused the problem.  I worked around by stoping the service and then starting it again.

The fix (read "not work around") was to disable the service so that it didn't start automatically at reboot.  Which is really what I wanted.  I could have also just let it start at boot and everything would be OK.

pnelsonsr September 27, 2020

This took a long time to figure out as I just did the workaround and got used to it.  I would only restart the Linux system once a month!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events