Having a weird error that has started happening with the last 3 (or 4) updates, where the first time I run the startup it fails (immediately) with an error that says it cannot connect to the database (which is running). I simply have to re-run the startup command and it then works. Here is my setup:
Jira Server 8.11.0
I am fully aware that Jira doesn't support 12.3 we have a requirement that all software has to be to the latest version and on the second start everything works.
Any idea of what I can look at?
I found this was related to the fact that I had changed the systemctl file by putting a want into it and then enabling the service. So when I rebooted it, it was really already starting up, and not relizing this, I would restart it which caused the problem. I worked around by stoping the service and then starting it again.
The fix (read "not work around") was to disable the service so that it didn't start automatically at reboot. Which is really what I wanted. I could have also just let it start at boot and everything would be OK.
Hi All! We’re excited to share the launch of an announcement banner that lets Jira site administrators communicate directly to their users across their Jira Cloud instance. ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events