Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Roadmaps (plan)- I cannot see below the epic level

Moran Hazan July 13, 2020

Hi,

I have created a new plan from a filter of epics. I cannot see a level below the epic, although I have configured it to show epic to sub task level. The resolution of the stories/ tasks are not set to done. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance! 

1 answer

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2020

Hi @Moran Hazan 

Your plan is based on just epics? You need to include other issue types as well.

How do you want the resolution set to done? When issues are moved to Done column. Check your workflow transition's post function that will set the resolution to done when issues are moved to the Done or Closed status.

Ravi

No, it's based on all, as I wrote- epics -> sub task

I don't want resolution to be set to done, as if it is done- you cannot see it on the plan 

chris.reyes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2020

It sounds like you're using a board where the issuetype is just (epics).  If you do that, it will indeed only show the epics.

What you need to do is expand the issuetypes to everything and use something else to differentiate those issues as pertaining to the plan.  What shows up in the filter?  Just the epics.  If so, that's where you need to expand it.

BTW, issues do not disappear when they are moved to done.  The issues disappear when they are moved to done AND the resolution ( a different field) is not set to done.  If you set through your workflow, all the issues to complete with a resolution of "done" then they will show up on your plan.

In the filter I take only epics. 

I have the same filter for another plan from a different project, on the same level- and I do see stories. I don't get how doing the same on a different project (which shares the same system configuration) delivers different results. 

As for the resolution- some of the epics with done resolution are not  shown, maybe it happens when the epic status is done. I didn't figured it out yet

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events