• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Advanced Roadmaps Hierarchy Configuration Edited

I have a pretty specific question that I'm hoping someone with advanced Portfolio (Advanced Roadmaps) knowledge can help me with.  When my company implemented Portfolio in 2017, we added a hierarchy level and issue type called Feature, and somehow got it to be between the Epic and Story level, which is what we wanted.  This caused Feature issue types to show up in the Epics panel of the backlog view in Jira, which was also what we wanted at the time.

We are now looking to restore the default hierarchy, so that Epics back to being are the parent issue types of Stories, but I'm unable to remove the configuration we added originally. 

How can I undo what we did and restore default functionality of Jira?? 

Portfolio Config.jpg

2 answers

Try creating a new instance of Jira (from scratch) with the plugin/add on installed (from scratch) too and then import the projects 1 by one.

Thanks @Nicolas Grossi - I was hoping not to have to go that drastic, but I will keep this in mind!

Like Nicolas Grossi likes this

For me is the correct solution based on your needs. Drastic is only a way of thinking.

Hello @Jovanna Pugh , that's an interesting, issue. I know that you cannot remove epics, stories, and sub-tasks, since these comprise the default hierarchy level in Advanced Roadmaps. I am trying to understand why isn't the "Feature" level showing as custom level in your hierarchy. I don't think reinstalling plugin would change your hierarchy to default. But, you can try changing the "Jira Issue Type" for "Feature" level and see if it changes anything regards to "remove". Also, please go through some of the comments from atlassian team member on this post, it will help you understand about some of the impacts of hierarchy removal Advanced-Roadmaps Impact of hierarchy removal

@Sachin thank you, that post looks very helpful!

Like Nicolas Grossi likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Advanced Roadmaps

3 short videos to help you get started with Advanced Roadmaps

Hi community, I’m Roi, a product manager working on Advanced Roadmaps for Jira. While Advanced Roadmaps is a powerful tool to plan and track work at scale, we know it can be challenging to get star...

6,566 views 25 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you