Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Roadmaps Hierarchy Configuration

Jovanna Pugh July 8, 2020

I have a pretty specific question that I'm hoping someone with advanced Portfolio (Advanced Roadmaps) knowledge can help me with.  When my company implemented Portfolio in 2017, we added a hierarchy level and issue type called Feature, and somehow got it to be between the Epic and Story level, which is what we wanted.  This caused Feature issue types to show up in the Epics panel of the backlog view in Jira, which was also what we wanted at the time.

We are now looking to restore the default hierarchy, so that Epics back to being are the parent issue types of Stories, but I'm unable to remove the configuration we added originally. 

How can I undo what we did and restore default functionality of Jira?? 

Portfolio Config.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
Nick Holdstock December 9, 2020

Hi @Jovanna Pugh 

I have been trying to achieve exactly what you did above. I am wanting to add Feature under Epic. I would like the hierarchy to be Epic > Feature >Story but I just can not see where to do this. If you would so kind as to let me know how you did this, I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks

0 votes
Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2020

Hello @Jovanna Pugh , that's an interesting, issue. I know that you cannot remove epics, stories, and sub-tasks, since these comprise the default hierarchy level in Advanced Roadmaps. I am trying to understand why isn't the "Feature" level showing as custom level in your hierarchy. I don't think reinstalling plugin would change your hierarchy to default. But, you can try changing the "Jira Issue Type" for "Feature" level and see if it changes anything regards to "remove". Also, please go through some of the comments from atlassian team member on this post, it will help you understand about some of the impacts of hierarchy removal Advanced-Roadmaps Impact of hierarchy removal

Jovanna Pugh July 9, 2020

@Sachin thank you, that post looks very helpful!

Like Nicolas Grossi likes this
Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2020

Your welcome @Jovanna Pugh !

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events