Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Roadmaps - Auto-Assign Teams?

Jack Arndt July 1, 2021

I am leveraging advanced roadmaps across 10 different jira projects so that I can visualize and manage cross-team dependencies.  Each project = 1 team.

1. To get a Team associated to a Jira issue, I have to publish an edit to Advanced Roadmaps.   

This spams the team with email notifications (they have a lot of tickets in their respective projects).  Is there any workaround to not do this?   I tried to bulk edit within Jira but looks like this needs to be done from Advanced Roadmaps.

2.  Assuming every issue in a Jira project needs to be associated with its respective team, is there any sort of clean automated way to ensure new Jira issues are tied to the team?  Or is this something we need to manually reconcile on a continuous basis?

2 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

And yes, you can use automation to add the Team.

In Project A create automation like:

Trigger: When issue is created

Action: Edit issue

Currently the “Team” field cannot be selected from the “Choose fields to select” dropdown, so you need to add a Smart value setup like this into the “more options” section.

auto.png

Note; Team 298 is just an example. To find the relevant team name type into Advanced search (JQL): 

"Team[Team]" =

Then start typing the name of the team and select it from the list. JQL will transform it into the number

Jack Arndt July 2, 2021

that is fantastic, much appreciated!

Like Curt Holley likes this
Marc-André Lanciault January 21, 2022

Very nice ! Thanks!

Trina Woodworth February 27, 2022

Curt Holley 

I tried setting this up for my Advanced Roadmap as I have multiple projects included in the Roadmap and each project represents one team.  I got this error:

Teams Error.png

How do I fix this?  Ideally, whenever someone creates a ticket for a particular project, when I go to view this ticket in the Advance Roadmap, I will see a team assigned to that ticket.

Thanks for the assistance!

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2022

Hi @Trina Woodworth 

So 116 is definitely a valid Team ID, yeah?

Can you share the rest of how you have put the automation together please? as I have never encountered that error.
But, what you want to do should be achievable. 

Trina Woodworth February 28, 2022

Yes, I believe it is a valid Team ID.  I got it from following the steps written above.

I selected When Issue created, then used the Advance Fields with the team text you outlined above:

Untitled.png

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 28, 2022

Is the Team field available for all the issue types and projects in scope for your version of te automation?

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bonnie Lopes July 1, 2021

@Jack Arndt ,

You could turn your teams into "shared teams", in doing so, this opens up the "Team" field in Jira, that you can add to your screen as each shared team will become an entry in the "Team" field dropdown, and you can then do your bulk edit, to get all the existing issues caught up with the "Team" Value.

Jack Arndt July 2, 2021

awesome, thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events