Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Advanced Roadmaps - Auto-Assign Teams?

I am leveraging advanced roadmaps across 10 different jira projects so that I can visualize and manage cross-team dependencies.  Each project = 1 team.

1. To get a Team associated to a Jira issue, I have to publish an edit to Advanced Roadmaps.   

This spams the team with email notifications (they have a lot of tickets in their respective projects).  Is there any workaround to not do this?   I tried to bulk edit within Jira but looks like this needs to be done from Advanced Roadmaps.

2.  Assuming every issue in a Jira project needs to be associated with its respective team, is there any sort of clean automated way to ensure new Jira issues are tied to the team?  Or is this something we need to manually reconcile on a continuous basis?

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

@Jack Arndt ,

You could turn your teams into "shared teams", in doing so, this opens up the "Team" field in Jira, that you can add to your screen as each shared team will become an entry in the "Team" field dropdown, and you can then do your bulk edit, to get all the existing issues caught up with the "Team" Value.

awesome, thank you!

1 vote
Answer accepted
Curt Holley Community Leader Jul 01, 2021

And yes, you can use automation to add the Team.

In Project A create automation like:

Trigger: When issue is created

Action: Edit issue

Currently the “Team” field cannot be selected from the “Choose fields to select” dropdown, so you need to add a Smart value setup like this into the “more options” section.

auto.png

Note; Team 298 is just an example. To find the relevant team name type into Advanced search (JQL): 

"Team[Team]" =

Then start typing the name of the team and select it from the list. JQL will transform it into the number

that is fantastic, much appreciated!

Like Curt Holley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

🏊‍♀️ Atlympic Event: Trello

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

91 views 0 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you