Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Roadmap sprint start and end date configuration

Parisa Askarnejad May 24, 2020

Hi,

I am using an advanced roadmap to build a plan. My issues source are Scrum boards. I have created 4 sprints in advance on the board for the team to plan the sprint- I can not set the start and end date in advance though. When the issue assigned to sprint, in the advanced roadmap plan it will get the start and end date because I checked the configuration for it. However the problem is that we have a week of no sprint between every 4 sprints and now advanced roadmap is bringing the day wrongly. I need to find a way to be able to map the sprint to the start and end date. Is there a way to configure sprint start and end date for 4 sprints in advance?

Thanks,

4 answers

1 vote
allan.reventhell June 9, 2020

I have a smiliar question. The Advanced Roadmap adds stories to the timeline based on the sprint in which that story is assigned. But we run one-week sprints, and the end date of those stories (in the timeline) are always two weeks. Why? If I go into my backlog, I am unable to set the dates of futures sprints, so I'm assuming future sprints just follow the same pattern as the current one, which is one week. Is there perhaps some setting where I can set default sprint lengths? Thanks

0 votes
Jenn Sherman October 25, 2020

I have a plan with 1-week sprints and had this issue as well.  I opened a support ticket because I was sure it was a bug.   The suggested resolution was to use the auto-schedule function to see if the dates corrected.  The dates did correct but since I wasn't ready to commit to the auto-schedule for the whole plan and I didn't want to check/un-check a few hundred items before saving the auto-schedule suggestion, my problem still exists.

Here's the statement of my problem: 

The team in the plan works on 1-week sprints and this is set correctly in the team settings. For items assigned to future sprints, the story has the correct start and end dates (Jira has correctly determined the start and end dates for the 1-week sprint) but the sub-task have and end date as though the sprint was 2-weeks long.

Story A in sprint 21.1 has start 10/12/2020 and end 10/18/2020
sub-task 1 in sprint 21.1 has start 10/12/2020 and end 10/25/2020

So every story assigned to a future sprint and having sub-tasks has a warning message on every sub-task saying it ends after its parent's end date.

0 votes
Chris P_ September 1, 2020

One possible solution would be to enable parallel sprints and then start all the sprints set with the correct dates. Advanced Roadmaps will reflect the dates correctly that way with the gaps.

This probably wont' play nicely with JIRA's build in sprint reports for points committed, but if your using something like eazybi you could take this into account for calculations.

0 votes
Trevor Grady August 12, 2020

Having the same issue here, making the advanced roadmap not very useful until it is fixed

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events