Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding an existing Epic from a scrum board to a Jira Portfolio Plan

Leti Fanning February 7, 2018

I have created a Portfolio plan and added in my scope of Epics and then realized that I forgot to add 2 existing JIRA board Epics to the plan.  Portfolio allows you to remove from the plan or 'create new' but there's no selection for adding an epic from the same source scrum board.  How do I make this happen?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2018

Hi Leti,

Others have had success with this by going back through the Configure Issue Sources without making any changes along the way.  Take a look at Solved: I excluded some epics and stories from my plan but now I want to add them back for the steps one user took.

Cheers,

Branden

Leti Fanning February 8, 2018

Thank you Branden,

I can see the additional Epics, if they have been tagged to a release.  What causes the problem of not being able to see the stories under an Epic?  I see them in JIRA, under the EPIC, and all assigned to the same release.  The EPIC is In Progress with 2 stories under it In Progress and the other 2 Ready.  What can I do to trigger them to get pulled into my Portfolio plan?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events