Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Advanced Roadmap for PI Planning

Maria Del Rosario Gonzalez May 19, 2023

We are using the AR tool for PI Planning and would like to know if there is a way that we can generate reports or setup views that will help us track statistics on commits versus delivered features.

We typically have an "uber" plan that captures all the work committed to by all Agile Teams at the start of the planning period.  As the work goes along, the plan reflects progress made in delivering the committed work.  At the end of the PI, I want to be able to provide statistics on the value delivered (what was completed) and what was missed.

I have looked at using scenarios but this does not deliver what I am looking for.  Is there a way to accomplish this?

2 comments

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2023

Hi @Maria Del Rosario Gonzalez 

Options I've seen work affectively are:

• Used a "committed" label, then have filters showing Committed, but not completed. Committed and completed etc.
  • Have an Objective issue type and the teams set Objectives and commit to them (linking out to one or multiple features/epics or whatever makes sense), then have filters showing completed, not completed etc.
Maria Del Rosario Gonzalez May 23, 2023

Hi @Curt Holley - we will look into leveraging the label as you suggest.  This would be the most direct and effective way.

New issue types are a a bit more involved and require alignment from entire enterprise before we make this type of change in Jira.

Thank you for the recommendation!

Like Curt Holley likes this
Natalie Rowland
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2023

Hey @Maria Del Rosario Gonzalez 

I'm a researcher within Atlassian and would love to learn more about your PI Planning process and the types of reports or views of commits vs delivered features you are seeking. I'm especially interested in the "uber" plan.

If you would like to participate in this research, please see some details below. 

What’s involved in the research:

• Sessions are 1-hour and conducted over Zoom, so you can participate from anywhere around the globe.

• The conversation will focus on PI Planning and the role of different tools and data.

• To thank you for your time we'd love to provide an e-voucher gift or donation to charity on your behalf.

You can book a time to chat via Calendly here.

If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this post or email me directly on nrowland@atlassian.com.

We look forward to meeting you!

Best,

Natalie 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events