Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create a team in Jira 7.1.4

sarita_mohapatra February 18, 2020

Hi Team , please let me know how to create a team and associate my issues to that team only.

1 comment

Ganesh Babu
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2020

Hello @sarita_mohapatra 

Welcome to Atlassian Community...!!!!

I think you need to create a project. And in that particular project you need to add users of your team in which you can create issues.

Ensure that you have are the Jira Admin in order to create the project.

sarita_mohapatra February 19, 2020

Thanks a lot, I have added the users to my project.But I want to create team and that team should reflect in the "Team" field drop down  of issue type. So when ever I will create an issue , will select that team and only those issues will be reflected in my board.

Here i can not see a way how to create a team  . I can not see either plan /portfolio in my jira instance. I have Jira admin access .Thanks !!

Ganesh Babu
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2020

Hi @sarita_mohapatra 

There is nothing as team in Jira, I can just say that team you are asking here can be called as Groups in Jira. You can create a Group and add all the users into that group.

And what you can do is create Group Custom Field and in that you can use the group name which has all the users you need. You need to assign this to create screen, view screen , if required you can add this custom field to edit screen also. Create, View and Edit are the issue type operations. I hope that you know how to configure the fields to the field configuration scheme and then add the field to existing custom field or create a new one.

Portfolio for Jira? have you installed that plugin under UPM? If you have installed please verify under manage apps. If not install it. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events