Resource Planning

Jamie Edmondson July 6, 2022

Has there been any progress made in Jira in terms of resource planning - at an individual level? 

We have developers, QA Analysts, BAs, etc. and would like to be able to account for estimates for each of them individually. 

We are in the earliest stages of using auto scheduler to assist with scheduling in Advanced Roadmaps, but as of right now, it is a great place to get us started, but the calculations seem fairly inflexible. I've heard there may be add-ons out there, and that's great. I would like to better understand the tools we already have first so that I know that we are not simply not understanding how to use Jira for all its worth.

Thanks!

2 comments

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2022

Hi @Jamie Edmondson 

Advanced Roadmaps can assist you with planning based on the information you feed into it, now you always have this option to override it but if you want to plan resources over the period of time then you can also take a look at Tempo Planner. It will let you plan/allocate resource to Jira issue on a timeline.

Ravi

Jamie Edmondson July 8, 2022

Thank, you @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ ! I appreciate the response. I may have to give that a try. I hear good things about Tempo.

Jamie

Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 7, 2022

Hi @Jamie Edmondson 

If you consider using a plugin I would suggest ActivityTimeline. ActivityTimeline provides resource planning and availability on a timeline view. You can track tasks progress, workload, and availability for each employee taking into consideration the part-time, full-time, or even different work schemes for users, and holidays. Workload or availability could be calculated for individuals or teams on the same view.

There is an ability to plan your work with bookings and placeholders.

The additional modules provide numerous reports including timesheets reports. 

ActivityTimeline has integration with Advanced Roadmaps as well.

undefined

If you have any additional requirements please feel free to ask me. We can provide a demo session for you if needed.
Best, Nataliya, ActivityTimeline Team

Like Deleted user likes this
Jamie Edmondson July 8, 2022

Thank you, @Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_ !

Very interesting! Thank you for responding to me question. I may have to try out Activity Timeline if its available for trial use.

Jamie

Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 8, 2022

@Jamie Edmondson Yes, there are one month free trial. Or you can book a demo session for more information here https://activitytimeline.com/schedule-demo

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events