Project Advance (Real vs estimated)

Gustavo Mendoza July 7, 2020

Hi everyone

I'd been trying to fin a way to respond a single question: how can i know the % of real advance of my project, vs % of work estimated to be completed, in a specific time, in a project level view.

i tried whit Road maps and Big Gantt Aps, but aren´t very helpfull in this way

Best regards!

2 comments

Marcin Geb _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 20, 2020

Hello Gustavo

You can track the progress of a project using the Gantt chart or Scope module (the latter if you're on BigPicture).

Have a look at figure 1, which comes from https://softwareplant.com/tracking-progress-bigpicture-biggantt/ article. The Water supply network project is 52% advanced (the green progress bar). However, at the time the screenshot was taken the project should have been 100% advanced (the blue progress bar) because it was already past the original end date of the project.

The 'Time tracking (Spent)' column is generally better than the 'Time tracking (original)'.

Also, take a look at fig. 2. It shows the better way of tracking progress in the new BigPicture 8, a couple of weeks away from now.

Fig. 1 BigPicture 7

time-spent-remaining-estimate-jira-big-picture.png

Fig. 2 BigPicture 8, Overview home screen

bigpicture-8-tracking-progress.png

Rhys Diab _Agile Docs_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 26, 2020

Hi Gustavo,

I put together an extension called Agile Docs to help with this.

Opens up right inside the project dashboard and gives you a breakdown of how far along your project is in terms of % rolled up estimates completed. Works for time tracking and story point estimates.

estimate-rollup.png

Hope that helps!

Best Regards,

Rhys

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events