Portfolio for Jira Server 2.9 is out

iceman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2017

Greetings Portfolians!

We've just launched Portfolio for Jira Server 2.9, where by upgrading, you'll be able to:

• filter work items by status or by status category, letting you focus on just what you need
  • hide issues without parent in the program view, making high-level reports more consumable
  • see more child issue details in Jira, when viewing issues above the epic level
  • access Portfolio for Jira Server beta features, which currently include some performance improvements

See Portfolio for Jira Server 2.9 release notes to know more, and let us know what you think by leaving a comment on the discussion!

Cheers,

The Portfolio for Jira Server team

2 comments

Tal Koren November 25, 2017

Are these expected to be available for cloud as well?

Thanks

Bree Davies
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2017

Hi Tal, 

The Cloud team has a separate release cadence and roadmap to the Server team. However, I'm really interested to understand which of these features you would like to see in Cloud and why? Your feedback will be an important input to our future plans. 

Thanks very much and look forward to hearing from you,
Bree

Tal Koren November 27, 2017

Hi Bree,

Filtering by status would be very useful. It could be a good basis for several different discussions: tracking progress, backlog prioritization, etc.

Hiding issues without parents could also be useful for us. We typically don't include those in our releases, so it could help with a cleaner view when reviewing the release plan. I now understand that this feature is part of the programs feature, which isn't available in the cloud version, but it could also be useful for plans' schedule view. Also, programs could be very useful for us. We currently have one plan for the whole company, since we have teams that work on several projects, which means the plan is quite cumbersome.

Bree Davies
Atlassian Team
November 27, 2017

Thanks Tal, this is all really fantastic feedback for us (especially the context of why!).

Would you rank your priority of these features in the order you've responded above?

Thank you!
Bree

It's hard to provide absolute prioritization, easier to prioritize compared to other feature suggestions. But generally, i'd say high for programs & filtering by status, and medium for hiding orphaned issues.

Are release notes for the cloud version published as well?

Carl DiClementi September 19, 2018

@Tal Koren a bit late to respond, but yes, kind of... All cloud updates are lumped together into blog posts which can be seen here https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/blog

Spoiler alert: since they've been using this format, there have been 0 releases with updates to Portfolio for Jira Cloud.

Chris Fernandes December 19, 2018

I noticed the same thing, 0 release w/ updates to Portfolio for Jira, which got me thinking, Is ATL planning to kill Portfolio for Jira Cloud? otherwise, why 0 updates in cloud JPO for so long... anyway, I've started to explore some other options already.

John Price
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2017

Hi Ashley - 

Our Cloud Portfolio plans are suddenly not loading today.  Could it be related to the cloud version of these changes?

iceman
Atlassian Team
November 27, 2017

Hi John,

Sorry about your Cloud Portfolio plans not loading at the moment.

This issue has already been reported to the Portfolio for Jira Cloud team, and I believe it's been resolved. If the problem persists on your end, please contact Atlassian Support so we can get the team on it.

The above features are only available in Portfolio for Jira Server 2.9 version.

You may also want to check out this blog, which discusses how Atlassian prioritizes updates, features, and deployment options across Cloud, Server, and Data Center products.

Cheers,
Ashley
Portfolio for Jira Server team

John Price
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2017

Thanks Ashley!  Things are working fine now.  I was hunting around for a cause and happened to see your update.  Keep the great features coming ...

iceman
Atlassian Team
December 6, 2017

Good to know things are working well on your end now, @John Price.

And yes, we'll definitely keep these features coming. Thanks for your support!

Cheers,
Ashley
Technical writer, Portfolio for Jira Server

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events