Need some Video tutorial on JIRA Programs

Amit Joshi January 3, 2018

Hi All,

Can someone direct me to Video Tutorials for JIRA Programs. I am having difficulties understanding how I can create a JIRA Program for my leadership team to give me more visibility around Various IT Plans.

Thanks

Amit

1 comment

Cameron Eldridge January 9, 2018

Hi Amit,

Programs are fairly straight-forward at the moment. You simply need to name the program and designate which plans should be included.

Pro-tip: When navigating back to your program, remember to click the 'Calculate' button!

Here are the steps per Atlassian's documentation:

Creating a program

When creating a program, you can choose to add plans to the program later on. Note that a plan can only exist in one program at a time.

1. In your Jira application, go to Portfolio (in header) > Create. The 'Create' page will be displayed.
  2. Select Create a program and click Create program.
  3. Give your program a name, and choose one of the privacy options:
    • No restrictions (default option) – every Portfolio for Jira user will be able to access the program
    • Private – only the creator of the program has view and edit permissions
    Note that if you select privateonly you will be able to see or access the program. The program will not be viewable by any other users, including Jira administrators and system administrators. If necessary, you can change the privacy option at any time.
  4. Select the plans you want to include in your program.If there are no available plans just yet, you can add them to the program you're creating later on.
  5. Click Create program.

Best,

Cameron

Deleted user August 10, 2018

I agree setting up a program is straight forward.  However, the blog describing Niall's Programs says that if you click on an initiative, it will give you the status of the Initiative ACROSS plans.  How do you do this?  I understand how to create cross project Releases.  But how do you create cross project initiatives?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events