Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limits on plan size

Erik Godin April 5, 2023

Hi,

I have read there is a 5000 issue limit in a single plan.  Can someone tell me what happens when your plan includes >5000 issues?  Are we talking about potential performance issues here, or is there a hard limit somewhere which will cause the plan to only show 5000 issues at a time?

This is for Advanced Roadmaps server (non cloud) edition.

TIA!

2 comments

Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2023

Hi Erik, welcome!  Does this answer your question?  Solved: Does JIRA Cloud slow down if there are a large num... (atlassian.com)

John Dunkelberg April 6, 2023

@Dan Breyen this is for Advanced Roadmaps and for DC, not cloud, per Erik's notes

John Dunkelberg April 6, 2023

@Erik Godin this came up in a recent call we had with Atlassian folks, and of course the authoritative answer would come from an Atlassian source, but here's what I had noted down on the topic:

• Try not to have more than 5000 issues loading into a plan at once, plus limit the number of custom fields involved
  • If no connectivity between the plans or no overarching control, probably less susceptible to that limitation - unwieldly to admin
  • For the AR issue source, recommended to use boards, don't use projects - it's designed to work with boards
  • To improve performance, exclude Done issues from loading

So I think the takeaway is that it's not a hard limit (issues won't load or show) it's more of a performance thing plus unwieldly user experience

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events