How to get Advanced Roadmaps for Jira server?

Thorsten Kamann March 3, 2021

Hej,

a customer of mine using Jira server right now. The switch to Datacenter is planned for next year and cannot be done immediately. We are starting with tribes, squads and agile organisation and needing Advanced Roadmaps for Jira. But in Marketplace its only available for Datacenter. 

So how can I proceed? Changing to cloud (isn't possible at all due to privacy reasons) or Datacenter (its a bigger change we cannot manage right now) isn't feasible.

Is anyone else in such a situation?

BR
Thorsten

3 comments

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2021

Hi @Thorsten Kamann ,

I've investigated this and it seems that unfortunately there's nothing we can do to assist at this point (i.e. we're can't provide a server based license for the Advanced Roadmaps application). I'm really sorry, but I thought it better to provide a direct answer than just leave this as an open question. Is there anything that can be done to help accelerate the move to Datacenter?

Regards,

Dave

Thorsten Kamann March 29, 2021

There is nothing to do in this point. They are very slow at those tasks and it’s planned for next year earliest. 

aikunim March 29, 2021

Hi @Thorsten Kamann ,

we are in the same situation. Have you found a solution to this problem or similar plugins ?

Regards,

Aikunim.

Thorsten Kamann March 29, 2021

No, we’ve found no other solution. So this have to wait until the switch to datacenter is made. 

BR

Thorsten

Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2021

According to my experience, switching to Data Center from Server is a lot easier than switching to Cloud. Deployment models and actual deployed apps are the same for most cases. They are different just by applied license type. They check license type and act accordingly. 

Especially upgrading from Server to 1 Node DC is literally just a license change if your apps are DC compatible. Check Atlassian's own documentation, it is just 3 steps. Main issue is obtaining DC licenses for Jira, and apps. You can easily generate trial licenses for Jira and apps on the my.atlassian.com for testing your migration and even continue to run your Jira with trial licenses until you purchase actual DC licenses. Changing license type from trial to commercial or vice versa doesn't cause any downtime and data loss. Switching from Server to DC license requires a restart but it doesn't cause data loss too.

Like Matt Harris likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events