Factom: Portfolio for Jira case study

Josh Frank
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2018

Recently, as part of a series of Portfolio for Jira case studies, we spoke with Carl DiClementi, Director of Product Management at Factom about how he uses Portfolio for Jira. In lieu of spreadsheets, Carl takes a unique approach with Portfolio for Jira to building and communicating plans. To plan for the quarter he creates a level of hierarchy above Epics, which he calls "Programs" and works with his engineering team to break down the "Programs" into smaller pieces of work. From there he uses Portfolio for Jira's scope table to massage the details and prioritization of the Epics and Stories for each Program. In order to communicate his plans with business stakeholders, he embeds Portfolio for Jira's schedule report into a Confluence page, which stays current even as plans change.

Read the full story here. Check out our series of Portfolio for Jira case studies to learn how other businesses are using the tool here

3 comments

Ricky Lin April 5, 2018

Hi Josh.  Interesting read and good to know that other businesses are utilizing JIRA Portfolio.  I wanted to ask if there's ever a plan for JIRA Portfolio to support additional hierarchy between Epic and Stories?  

We have users who've come from using MS Team Foundation Server, which provides a hierarchy level of Epic > Feature > Story > Tasks/Subtasks.

While Portfolio offers hierarchy to build on top of Epics, there doesn't seem to be a way to build below.  Thoughts?

Roi Fine
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2018

Hi Ricky,

Thanks for your inquiry. Adding/customizing an issue hierarchy between epic to story is not in our short term roadmap. 

I created a feature suggestion ticket to capture the terminology gaps of scaled agile frameworks(and any customized solution) with the Atlassian product line.

We are prioritizing our roadmap constantly, please provide us further feedback on the ticket.

Cheers,

ローハン April 16, 2018

Hi @Josh Frank we are currently working on a project for Tokyo's Olympics during 2020 and we'd love to talk to you about how we are using JIRA Portfolio.

Claire Cook
Atlassian Team
April 18, 2018

@ローハン I oversee customer marketing at Atlassian and would LOVE to hear your story. What's your email? 

ローハン April 18, 2018

Hello Claire and I would LOVE to tell you! Use  rohan@actionindex.jp.

thank you.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events