Best way to get Plans where my issue is in

Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

Hi

I would like some advice regarding the best way to find in which plan(s) is an issue ?
In the best case scenario I would have a feature close to what already exist for Agile board "View on Board" but for Advanced Roadmap Plan.
My use case is to identify issues from one type before updating the Hierarchy Configuration of Advanced Roadmap.
Is there a way to get all issues from a Plan using groovy script ?
I've started digging into it but I did not manage to find anything.
My current idea is to get all issues sources from each Plan then for each issue source, check if my issue or issues are in.
But I faced another issue that is to get the information from Advanced Roadmap. I could query the database but I'm not a fan of that and would like to avoid that.
Do you have any idea about how to do it using script or any other way ?

Regards

1 comment

John Dunkelberg September 24, 2022

No way that I know of, and as far as our brief research went there is no real API for the current version of Advanced Roadmaps.  The previous "Live Plans" functionality had a Java API (as I recall) but that is no longer functional and there is no replacement.

Actually, I just looked over at Atlassian Forge (the cloud API resource) and it doesn't look like there's anything about roadmaps there either.

Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2022

Hi @John Dunkelberg 

Thanks for your answer. I end up doing it using SQL to get all plans and issue sources, it works as expected but kind of slow as I iter across all plans sources to check my issue.

Regards

Like John Dunkelberg likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events