Are you interested in testing out a new header for Advanced Roadmaps

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2021

Hi all,

We've previously received feedback that the header in Advanced Roadmaps takes up too much space and prevents users from seeing as many issues in the plan as they'd like. We’ve been working on a solution to this and would like to offer users the opportunity to try out the new header and provide feedback on it.

Because this is a significant change to the the planning interface we want to test this out with users to ensure that it meets their needs and doesn’t negatively impact their planning experience.

An example of the header is shown in the attached image.

Market to customers.png

The new experience can reduce the header size by nearly 70% but it does result in some of the plan controls moving to new locations. If you are interested in trying this out and enabling it for the plans on your instance then please let us know by using the "Give feedback" button that you can find on the existing header (this helps us to correctly identify the Cloud ID to enable the header on!)

Many thanks,

Dave

6 comments

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2021

Interested @Dave and feedback submitted as suggested

Like Dave likes this
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2021

Awesome, thanks @Curt Holley !

David Wuth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

Totally interested @Dave! I've participated in Atlassian focus groups and interviews in the past and am happy to share my opinions.

Just one question: Would this change be permanent, or would it revert back? It looks great to me, but I'm concerned about our users and having the UI change for a brief period of time, then revert back.

Like Dave likes this
Dave
Atlassian Team
April 29, 2021

Those are good questions @David Wuth ... in the short term you'll have the option to request that we revert your instance back to the old header. For most features we'd just progressively roll this change out to all customers but we're aware that as this is a significant change for the UI we want to go cautiously.

Feedback (albeit from a very small sample size) has been very positive so far and our current expectation is that we will be proceeding to roll this change out to customers in the future (at the moment I can't commit to any specific date, but it's not imminent which is why we're continuing to gather feedback)

We are exploring the possibility of giving users the choice to toggle between the two headers, but at moment that seems an unlikely option given the additional support requirements and because the new design unlocks certain options for future features that would be harder to achieve in the old design.

Any change like this also has an impact on our own documentation and training resources that our customers depend on so we also need to make sure that everything is lined up appropriate to support those.

If you opt-in to the new header then it won't change back without your organisation requesting it, unless we get overwhelming feedback that this change would not be appreciated in which case we'll need to go back to the drawing board - but given the feedback this seems unlikely.

I know that this is a somewhat long and vague answer, but I just wanted to share as much as possible. Our key aim is to cause the minimum disruption whilst still making a signifiant improvement - obviously that's quite tricky when you're moving a lot of the UI around like this!

But to summarise ... if you ask for it to be turned on, we won't turn it off unless you ask or without consulting with you (and everyone else testing it out ) first,

Regards,

Dave

Like # people like this
David Wuth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

Thanks, @Dave  I have two teams that are about to wrap up the final sprint in their releases EOD tomorrow, and are actively grooming their next sprints and releases. I'm going to hold off requesting the change via the feedback button until we have started the new releases and sprints on Monday. All of our teams absolutely love Roadmaps so I'm sure the smaller header will be positively received.

Like Dave likes this
David Wuth
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2021

@Dave I have sent the feedback and look forward to the new interface. BTW, sorry to hear you are changing teams as you have been great at replying to the Advanced Roadmaps discussions! Best wishes in your new role.

Like # people like this
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

@David Wuth we currently have the new Header and it takes a moment or 2 to get used to where everything is hiding. but once you get used to the new layout, I doubt you will want to go back.

@Dave loving how the header can be Collapsed for maximum Roadmap screen space 👍

Like # people like this
Dave
Atlassian Team
April 29, 2021

Thanks for this feedback @Curt Holley - I'd definitely agree with you. I've been using it for a while now and at first it can take a moment to find the new location for options - it's only when I switch back to instances with the old header that I realise how much of an improvement it is! I'm obviously biased, but I think it's a huge leap forwards and not just because of the extra vertical space it provides!

Like Curt Holley likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2021

I'm definitely interested in testing this - I'll use the "Give feedback" horn as you instructed! 💪

Like Quentin Feyaerts likes this
Quentin Feyaerts
Atlassian Team
May 17, 2021

Hi @Dave Liao, have you already sent us your request via the Give feedback button? I haven't seen it passing by yet - unless I missed it!

I'd be happy to enable it for your instance and get your feedback about the new header :)

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2021

@Quentin Feyaerts - thanks for the reminder, I just sent feedback! I even mentioned your name in the feedback message 😅

Like Quentin Feyaerts likes this
David Wuth
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2021

@Quentin Feyaerts  What is the best way to provide feedback once we have the new headers? Is the email reply I sent to you good? Or, is there a community forum for posting suggestions, asking where features are hidden, etc.?

Like Dave Liao likes this
Colin Twitchett October 25, 2023

Has this progressed? Definitely needed.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events