Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two new features in Advanced Roadmaps in March

This past month, we’ve added two highly-requested features to Advanced Roadmaps:

• the ability to edit issue descriptions from your timeline, and

• export your plan as a flat image (.png format).

Let’s go into a little more detail about them.

Edit issue descriptions from your timeline - Big news! You can now edit issue descriptions directly from your timeline. To use this new feature, select the issue summary that you want to edit:

image.png

And you’ll be greeted with the new, robust text editor modal:

image.png

From this modal, you can edit either issue summary (in this example, Build UI) or the issue description. When you select Add a description, the rich text editor will open:

image.png

Export roadmap to an image (.png) - This past month, we’ve added a new way to share your plan: as a static image (in .png format). When you create an image of your plan, Advanced Roadmaps generates a flat image of your timeline which you can share via email, use in presentations, and more.

image.png

Exporting your plan as an image like this offers a few advantages over simply screenshotting your plan, such as:

1. A true legend - When you’re sharing your plan with those who aren’t familiar with Advanced Roadmaps, the legend in the lower left tells viewers what the markings mean and how to read your plan.

2. No more stitching images together - Advanced Roadmaps can export your entire plan in one fell swoop--up to 500 issues in one shot.

Learn how saving your plan as a flat image as well as limitations of the tool.

17 comments

Arturs Kalnins March 30, 2022

so we are constantly begging (not even asking, but begging) Atlassian to fix some of the bugs that are mindblowing that even exist at this point... and we get Edit items on roadmap level... and an export? 

Like # people like this
Gregory Johnson March 30, 2022

@Arturs Kalnins it's not on the roadmap

Like # people like this
Simon Lukell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 30, 2022

Yep, this is what happens when you have "Product Managers", who are focused/measured on feature delivery only, instead of the overall customer experience.

Like # people like this
Tech Sandbox
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 30, 2022

I just need to see a roadmap across multiple team-managed and company-managed projects... The "Advanced Roadmaps" doesn't offer this.

The "BigPicture" App seems to be able to do this. Why can't Jira offer it?

If anyone has a better idea, please let me know:-)

Like # people like this
David Annis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 30, 2022

I would love to know when Advanced Roadmaps will have the concept of a Milestone Event.  It's more than a little ridiculous not to have this feature in a "Roadmap".

Like # people like this
Pedro Girão Fonseca
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 30, 2022

Hello guys! Please, can you help me explaining how can I insert my issues on roadmaps as the example of Veridian app? I just know how to do that with the epics, then to apply the issues in roadmap, do I need to create to following sprints? Thank you in advance.

Like Tatiana Maria da Rocha likes this
Srinivasa Rao Grandhisila March 30, 2022

why advanced Roadmaps not showing like Gantt chart mainly for Releases views

Like David Annis likes this
Ted March 31, 2022

James Pearson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 31, 2022

@David Annis  use Jira "releases"? They can be added to the roadmap and use the burndown charts to track progress.

Matthew Day March 31, 2022

Ted -> Have you set the view to show lower levels? 
Is this what you meant? 
Screenshot 2022-03-31 at 13.41.07.png

Like Ted likes this
David Annis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 31, 2022

@James Pearson we do use Releases.  But in the Roadmap that only results in a Filter. 

What I'm asking for are Milestones that represent a specific date and a Release may have several Milestones or critical dates that need to be met.

Nearly every other Project Management Tool in the world has a concept of a Milestone, including many Agile PM tools.  This is a huge feature that is missing from Jira's Roadmap.

Like Rahul Raina likes this
Rhys Christian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2022

Hey @Arturs Kalnins - Are you referring to bugs in Advanced Roadmaps? If so, I'd be keen to know specifically what issues you're begging to be fixed. Do you know if there are JAC tickets raised for them?

Arturs Kalnins April 1, 2022

@Rhys Christian  I'm talking about  overall bugs in Jira cloud not roadmap specific
I can give you a lists and lists of bugs that are mindblowing that are not fixed. 

Like Tim McGrath likes this
Davis Matengo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 13, 2022

Interesting

Kenan Carames June 27, 2022

I know the export feature for .png was added for Jira Cloud. Does anyone know if it is available in the March update for Jira Data Center? We still have the February version and I was hoping that once we update, the export feature will also be available for Jira Data Center users. Thanks! 

Like Larry Peery likes this
Larry Peery August 1, 2022

We are not on Jira Cloud as well and are getting the same requests. When will this be available for Jira Data Center? Thanks!

Waqas August 5, 2022

How can we find it is available now on our subscription? We are using the Jira Cloud.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events