Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 short videos to help you get started with Advanced Roadmaps

42 comments

noa January 3, 2021

Hi Ive installed trial for Jira cloud premium but I failed to understand how to install jira roadmap - what am I missing? Do you have the support for cloud?
@Roi Fine do you have any support for Jira cloud?

Roi Fine
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2021

Hi @noa

If you got Jira Cloud Premium, you would see the "Plans" dropdown on your Jira top nav. Please have a look at the first video of this article.

Let me know how you go,

Cheers

noa January 5, 2021

@Roi Fine thanks as I understand you are not working yet with next gen.
Im waiting for that, as soon as you release I will upgrade to premium and check it.
I would like to be your Beta :-)
Do you have any eta?

Rebecca C February 22, 2021

@Roi Fine Thank you so much for taking the time to create these videos.

Where would be the best place for me to better understand the following (docs, video, etc.):

• Team/user setup & how it associates to capacity planning
    • Like some others I have certain individuals who will do certain work & I have assigned them epics or stories as part of our initial planning
    • I have other issues that could be picked up by several users on a team & the team approach makes sense for capacity planning
  • How AR is using the dates fields relative to the estimates (Number of hours, story points, etc)
    • I would expect to set one side of a date & the estimate/team capacity would define the end date but that is not happening.
  • How AR uses the dependencies (dependency, blocks, must be finished with...ect)
    • I have some issues that have dependencies defined & yet AR has them on the calendar concurrent - I would expect it to automatically move something that is blocked after it predecessor
Vivi Rishe June 25, 2021

@Roi Fine  I see that you mention private and shared teams. What's the difference between those two?

Amir Baruch September 22, 2021

Cool videos @Roi Fine . I've been looking for a long time for some instructions of how to use the roadmap feature in Jira cloud and have just started experimenting it with my teams.

I still have some questions about the way one should plan and assign to teams. In our setup each team has its own space as they operate completely independently. 

Then I have a space for myself as the pm running the initiatives. 

It would be great if you could shoot a video that explains a sample end to end flow.

Usually the PM starts with an initiative. an EPIC or something above it. during grooming we start creating the user stories. 

1. where should we create the stories. in what space?

2. then say we create them on the product space how do we move them to the team's spaces easily. 

3. will they still be connect to the epic if we move them to a different space and will I still see progress with these?

Your help is appreciated,

Amir

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2021

@Roi Fine Thanks for sharing a video! :) 

It helps to me for re-re-re-reshare to our business users :) 

Marc Schreiber
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 7, 2022

Thanks for sharing, Roi.

Something I have been wondering for a long time, can you assign more than one team to an issue? Very often, the hardware and the software teams are working together on a story. It always kind of annoyed me that Jira wasn't able to define more than one estimate for a story. Does that become possible with Advanced Roadmaps?

Thanks

Amir Baruch March 9, 2022

@Marc Schreiber I had the same problem. in my case I use EPICs as a cross team item and user story is a team based level.

So in case I have an item that two team are working on, they work on different user stories. 

guess you can also do that on the sub-task level, but I actually have a different project per team, so I needed to have the split on the user story level, as this is the lowest level that is project specific.

Marc Schreiber
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 9, 2022

@Amir Baruch Thanks for sharing. This is indeed a solution but it strikes me that we have to find a workaround to get something done that looks logical. As its name implies, a user story is seen from a user perspective (independent of our resources) and not from a team perspective. Didn't they state that we should not adapt our processes to the tool but the tool to our processes?

Amir Baruch March 9, 2022

Well yes, but Jira is far from perfect in that regards. very rigid an inflexible. 

I also don't try to fixate myself to much to the terminology (EPIC, Ticket, User Story). At the end of day these are tickets with hierarchies and you need to find the right place to store what you want. For example you can treat EPICs as User Stories and place there the user story definition and group EPICs in Initiatives in order to create themes. 

Arvita Tripati
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 18, 2022

Does anyone know why the bars aren't showing up in the plan, even though the epic is showing on the left? I set a target start and end date in the issue view. 

Ken Koger April 27, 2022

Roi,

Thanks, these helped a lot in understanding the setup and configuration.

Daragh O_Loughlin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 20, 2022

I've searched the net for a good demonstration of using Jira Plans for capacity planning of Kanban teams (time tracking), but had no luck. Do any exist?

Could we have the possibility of capacity planning by Assignee please? My teams have individually assigned work, and don't share work, so I'm using a workaround by creating multiple teams of one. Which works well to factor in the individual work hours/days of team members. 

Can you add Priorty to the colum filter on Plans? Seems obvious we would wasn't to filter by priority. 

Kushagra Gupta June 27, 2022

Hello @Roi Fine ,

We recently upgraded to JIRA Premium , need some initial hand holding.

Would appreciate if we can connect over video call to discuss it ?

Tosha Liveoak August 3, 2022

@Roi Fine Great, to the point, and informative videos to get you up and running.  Thanks!  Do you have any videos around shared teams and story points or point me in the right direction?  

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2023

A team has an issue source (scrum board for example). Still, we need to add set the team field on the individual stories before we can properly group by team.

So we must define the issue source for the team + select the team in the team field for every item in that source. This feels like double work.

Any suggestion on how to improve this? With an automation rule for example?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events