validate radio box in custom field validator script.

Sergio Palacio May 9, 2018

I need to ask after a condition if some radio buttons  fiels are filled.

I dont' want to user the simple scripted validator. Because I will need create a lot of them.

How I can do a validator using a custom script validator???

cfValues doesn't work in custom script validator. And I have an error hen the fiels are empty because I can't get a null value into a variable.

thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2018

I think it would be something like this:

def cs = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("FIled Name")

if (issue.getCustomFieldValue(cs) == null) {

// throw error

}

Thanks Alexey.

I have this code.

def browse = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Can you browse the Internet?")

if (vpnproblemtype == "It's a VPN issue"){
if (issue.getCustomFieldValue(browse) == null){
throw new InvalidInputException("browse", "Field empty")
}
}

The code is running well. But I can't see the error message in the Service desk customer portal.  Do you jnow how to display a message in the customer portal?

thanks in advance.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2018

I never tried validators for portals. Anyway I would make sure that your code throws the error by adding logging.

def browse = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Can you browse the Internet?")

if (vpnproblemtype == "It's a VPN issue"){
if (issue.getCustomFieldValue(browse) == null){
log.error("error logged")
throw new InvalidInputException("browse", "Field empty")
}
}

Could you have a look in the atlassian-jira.log if the error message is printed out?

throw new InvalidInputException("Field empty") 

without the field is working. but I need to send the error message to the fied.  I'm tried without the quotation mark. but The message is doesn't show

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events