Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scriprunner get checkbox field value in workflow condition

Silvia Goljerova April 24, 2019

Hi all, 

i've got a checkbox with values 'Yes', or 'No' and I'd like to execute a postfunction only if set to 'Yes'.  I've tried both of the statements below and neither works:

cfValues['SAR BI Reporting']?.value == 'Yes'
cfValues['SAR BI Reporting'] == 'Yes'

Thoughts?

Thank you,

Silvia

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2019

You can examine the data in your log and find out the best way forward with something like this:

log.info cfValues['SAR BI Reporting']
log.info cfValues['SAR BI Reporting'].getClass()

Depending on what the second line gives you, you could lookup that class in the API documentation and figure out how to campare the value.

But from memory, I think checkbox returns an array. As a checkbox field with yes and no value, the results may be

• ['Yes']
  • ['No']
  • ['Yes','No'] if both are checked

So you could try:

cfValues['SAR BI Reporting']?.contains('Yes')
Silvia Goljerova April 24, 2019

Thank you. That sounds right. Would you know if there is a way to validate these statements (besides executing the workflow).

Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2019

No, because the cfValue[] is a construct created by scriptrunner and only in workflows.

So there is no way to use that construct in the console or elsewhere.

You could create a temporary transition that does nothing (from any state to itself) and only output the value of your checkbox field to the log.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events