portfolioParentsOf - how do I get this?

Janene Pappas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2019

I have installed a demo version of ScriptRunner and am attempting to use the function portfolioParentsOf, but that is not an allowed function. Our instance is Jira Cloud - is this function Server only? And if so, are there plans to add it to Cloud?

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2019

Hi Janene,

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud does not provide the same portfolioChildrenOf() and portfolioParentOf() JQL functions that the server version provides in order out of the box in order to search for Portfolio issues as the API to provide this function does not exist in Jira Cloud like it does in Jira Server

However, you may be able to return issues linked recursively using the linkedIssuesOfRecursive() JQL function which the plugin provides and is documented here.

You can see a more comprehensive list of the differences between the cloud and server versions of ScriptRunner inside of the documentation page located here.

If this response has answered your question can you please mark it as accepted so that other users can see it is correct when searching for similar answers.

Regards,

Kristian

Janene Pappas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2019

Thank you Kristian. Unfortunately, linkedIssuesOfRecursive does not have the functionality I was looking for, as it does not find parents. 

Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2019

Hi Janene,

Thank you for your response.

Unfortantelty this means that it will not be possible to search for portfolio issues using JQL with ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud. 

Regards,

Kristian

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events