null pointer exception on validator using groovy

Rosana_Casilli December 4, 2018

Good morning All!

Some weeks ago I have posted a question, and I have got some usefull answers but  I couldn't resolved a new issue that I have.

I have a Groovy validator on Resolved transition when I want to change to Resolved status. 

If fixed version is not populated it should show a message asking to enter a value for this field.

That issue is solved, but now if I have a value in the fixed version and try to transition to Resolved status it is showing a null pointer exception:

An unknown exception occured executing Validator
com.atlassian.jira.workflow.SkippableValidator@3eb359bf: root cause: java.lang.NullPointerException

This is the code I have for the validator on resolved transition:

import java.util.Collection;

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue;

import com.atlassian.jira.project.version.Version;

import com.opensymphony.workflow.InvalidInputException;

if (! $issue.getFixVersions().size()){
    throw new InvalidInputException("Se requiere ingresar Versión de Resolución")
}

What do you think it should be the problem? is there somthing missing? how can I solve it? 

thanks in advance,

Ro

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Deleted user December 4, 2018

Hi @Rosana_Casilli

I'm just thinking out loud and might be completely wrong, but could your try changing the if statement to:

if($issue.getFixVersions().size() < 1) 

If that doesn't work, which add-on are you using to enter the validator in?

Kind regards
Jorden

Rosana_Casilli December 4, 2018

Hi Jorden! it didn't work. 

I am using groovy code runner. 

the problem I have is when I populate the fixed version and try to transition to resolved status, I am getting the null pointer exception that I have pasted in the previous message. When I do not populate the fixed version is working fine.

Any suggestions?

thanks in advance

Ro

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events