Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a way to disable email notification from changes that my Adaptavist script makes?

Carl Sjoquist November 4, 2020

Hi - I can't disable email notification fundamentally (via Jira's Notification schemes) but I have an Adaptavist script that runs daily and generates hundreds of email notifications due to the issue updates it makes - Is there a clever way to suppress just notifications that this job causes?

Thanks

Carl

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2020

Hi @Carl Sjoquist ,

That should be possible using the DO_NOT_DISPATCH option with your issue manager.

You need update issue with IssueManager with dispatch option DO_NOT_DISPATCH and parameter sendmails false.

Here is an example:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.event.type.EventDispatchOption

def user = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()
def issueManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager()
issueManager.updateIssue(user, event.issue, EventDispatchOption.DO_NOT_DISPATCH, false)

Documentation can be found here:

https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/7.6.1/com/atlassian/jira/issue/IssueManager.html#updateIssue-com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser-com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue-com.atlassian.jira.event.type.EventDispatchOption-boolean- 

Carl Sjoquist November 6, 2020

Looks perfect, just what we would need, but we just moved to the cloud.  Is there an equivalent function available in the cloud version?    sorry, I should have mentioned that up front.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2020

Hey @Carl Sjoquist ,

On cloud this should be even easier. The cloud app for Scriptrunner uses the REST API (your script will be different too).

A method exists to edit an issue https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issues/#api-rest-api-3-issue-issueidorkey-put 

and this call also has a property "notifyUsers" which you can set to "false"

notifyUsers

boolean

Whether a notification email about the issue update is sent to all watchers. To disable the notification, administer Jira or administer project permissions are required. If the user doesn't have the necessary permission the request is ignored.

Default: true

Carl Sjoquist November 9, 2020

Sweet, thanks so much, I'll give this a try asap!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events