Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to split a String into multiple String in a post-function?

Riccardo Micozzi December 4, 2020

Hello there,

I have a CustomField(a label) where there is the possibility to insert more than a word(for example: apple, banana, watermelon) I need to write a Post Function, using the ScriptRunner in Jira Cloud) that get che Custom Field value and split the String into 3 different String(in the example on the top, one string for one fruit), obviously if in the CustomField there is only a word I will get only 1 String.

For the moment i have write this peace of code:

// get custom fields
def customFields = get("/rest/api/2/field")
.asObject(List)
.body
.findAll { (it as Map).custom } as List<Map>

def lista = customFields.find { it.name == 'Lista' }?.value

def lista1 = (issue.fields[lista] as String)?.replaceAll(/,.*/, ' ')

but Now I don't know how to move forward

P.S: I don't know if the peace of code that i have write is okay.

thanks to those who will answer

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2020

What type of field have you created?  Is it text or multi-select (like a label, component or, well multi-select)?

Riccardo Micozzi December 4, 2020

it is a label

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2020

Sorry for the delay.

A label is held in a similar way to multi-selects, so in your code, lista will be holding an array of label elements.

So if you iterate over that, using .getName() on each element, you'll get one value string at a time.

Carla Ann Rowland
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2023

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  Would this work for a text string?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 7, 2023

You would not need the .getName()

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events