Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how does CustomFieldUpdatedEvent work?

Torbjörn Richter October 4, 2017

Im would like to check whenever a dropdown value is changed and then perform an action but I cant find any sample code on this matter.

Anyone with experience on this event listener?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Marcos Sanchez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2017

This event triggers when a customfield's configuration is updated, as well as the description of the field or the field name.

I think that you wanted this to detect a change on the value of a customfield in a create or edit screen. Maybe you can do this with a watcher or a behaviour.

I attach a screenshot of an example.Screenshot_1.png

Torbjörn Richter October 5, 2017

Thanks Marcos.
I assume the screenshot shows me how the mentioned event works because I dont understand how that screenshot will help me with my question?
and yes Thats want im trying to do, whenever a dropdown value is changed on view or edit screen I want to trigger a groovyscript.

Marcos Sanchez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2017

Yes, the screenshot just shows you the event that I said.

Thats want im trying to do, whenever a dropdown value is changed on view or edit screen I want to trigger a groovyscript.

You can do this with a behaviour, I leave you here some documentation that can help you -> Behaviours

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events