Why won't ScriptRunner unit tests run in Jira

Dov Frankel December 10, 2019

I'm getting set up for the first time with a repo to contain all of my ScriptRunner scripts, and I'm having trouble running a simple unit test I wrote to validate a custom field script. I'm using a copy of the sample project, and I followed the instructions for setting up IntelliJ, but when I run the test either in IntelliJ or in the local Jira environment (Built In Test Runner script), I'm getting this error:

Process finished with exit code 255

java.lang.Exception: Invalid module key specified:

at com.atlassian.plugin.ModuleCompleteKey.<init>(ModuleCompleteKey.java:49)
at com.atlassian.plugin.ModuleCompleteKey.<init>(ModuleCompleteKey.java:29)
at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.ProductPluginAccessorBase.getEnabledPluginModule(ProductPluginAccessorBase.java:176)
at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.ForwardingPluginAccessor.getEnabledPluginModule(ForwardingPluginAccessor.java:52)
at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.EnabledModuleCachingPluginAccessor.getEnabledPluginModule(EnabledModuleCachingPluginAccessor.java:35)
at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.ForwardingPluginAccessor.getEnabledPluginModule(ForwardingPluginAccessor.java:52)
at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.ProductPluginAccessor.getEnabledPluginModule(ProductPluginAccessor.java:18)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.customfield.CustomFieldTypeModuleDescriptorsImpl.getCustomFieldType(CustomFieldTypeModuleDescriptorsImpl.java:51)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.CachingCustomFieldManager.getCustomFieldType(CachingCustomFieldManager.java:206)
at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.test.CustomFieldCreationInfo$Builder.setCustomFieldTypeKey(CustomFieldCreationInfo.groovy:176)
at it.com.adaptavist.TestingEnvironmentFieldIT.setup(TestingEnvironmentFieldIT.groovy:58)

I'm creating a custom field in my setup, because my script field being tested refers to it. This is the code that creates the custom field, with the first ("def") line (58) reporting the exception:

def setup() {
def environmentsFieldCreation = CustomFieldCreationInfo.Builder.newBuilder()
.setName("Environments")
.setCustomFieldTypeKey("Select List (multiple choices)")
.setSearcherKey(ScriptRunnerImpl.PLUGIN_KEY + ":multiuserpickersearcher")
.setTestProjectContext()
.build()
}

I have a feeling it's related to the setCustomFieldTypeKey or setSearcherKey calls having bad values, but I can't find any documentation for them. What should I pass to them?

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dov Frankel December 16, 2019

It turned out the error message didn't have much to do with the error, which was that I was using invalid values in setCustomFieldTypeKey and possibly the other calls after newBuilder(). The most important part of the error was the beginning few lines of the stack trace.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events