Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We couldn't set the select value Field 'customfield_10134' cannot be set. It is not on the appropria

Hendra Prakasa May 16, 2023

Hi all,

Please help, I'm using JIRA to manage project, I have several project with the same template, same field, I create custom field from : settings - issue - custom fields.

I've added several custom field maybe 10, but 3 out of 10 have problem with 1 of my project, give error message like this when choose the dropdown option :

"We couldn't set the select value
Field 'customfield_10134' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."
What configuration is wrong ?
I don't make any complex setting, all is standard but I dont know why only this 3 field problem with 1 of my project, my other project is all fine with 10 custom field.
How to solve the issue ?
Regards,
Hendra

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2023

Hi @Hendra Prakasa ,

Welcome to the community !!

To update a field value, the field should be present in Edit Screen of that ticket type. So go to project settings --> Issues --> Screens. Update the Edit Screen of the particular Ticket type and add the custom field in it. 

Please note: You should be a Jira admin to update the screens. 

Screenshot for your reference is attached

image.png

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events