Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ways to display outputs of ScriptRunner functions - aggregateExpression()

John Connolly December 10, 2020

Delighted to uncover some of the functions that ScriptRunner provides - especially the aggregateExpression() function which will be an absolute godsend for reporting!

I'm trying to work out better ways of displaying the calculated key/value pairs that aggregateExpression() outputs.  Are these calculated values only able to to be viewed in the Advanced Search for Issues screen in Jira or are there ways of being able to extract the calculated values (not the resulting list of issues) and perhaps display them on a dashboard gadget, Confluence page or maybe email their outputs to somewhere.  We have Jira Automation too if throwing that into the mix helps..?

Cheers!

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2020

Hi John,

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that if you are using ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud then we do not provide the aggregrateExpression() search method as this is currently only available in the Server version of ScriptRunner.

As for the server version, I can confirm this output can only be displayed in the query and cannot be displayed in dashboard gadgets as it is calculated when the JQL search is run.

If you have further questions around the server version then I would ask you to raise a support ticket with our server support team here so that a member of this could advise if there is another way to achieve your requirement. 

I hope this helps.

Kristian

Hannes Kockro September 30, 2021

Hi Kristian,

do you know if it is possible to show the aggregateExpression() results on a confluence page?

Best 

Hannes

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events