Want to show the select list value as a text field(read-only) on create screen

Tushar November 9, 2017

I have one select list field which contains 50 values, we need same selected value should be displayed in the text box on create screen.

Thanks for helping me out!!!

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2017

This does not make a lot of sense to me.

You have a select list field.  The user selects a value from it so the field displays it.

So your requirement here seems to be "have another field that displays the same thing as the select list is already showing".  Seems completely pointless, duplicating something the user can already see.

Have I understood that correctly?  If I have, then what is the point?

Tushar November 9, 2017

Yes, correct.

We are going to use this requirement in two scenarios. One is displaying the different list on selection of value of select list, and another is displaying same value on selection the select list value.

Is there any available solution. And these values should be displayed on create screen while raising request.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2017

I am sorry, that makes even less sense.

You confirm that I have the right idea in your first line.  Which is "show the user their selection, which they can already see, in the field they entered it into".  Could you explain what the benefit of this for the user is?

You then go on to say "displaying the different list on selection  of value of select list" which I simply cannot begin to guess the meaning of.

Your last line is also confusing.  "These values should be displayed on create screen" - they already are.  They are in the fields the user is filling in.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events