Want to show the select list value as a text field(read-only) on create screen

I have one select list field which contains 50 values, we need same selected value should be displayed in the text box on create screen.

Thanks for helping me out!!!

1 answer

1 vote

This does not make a lot of sense to me.

You have a select list field.  The user selects a value from it so the field displays it.

So your requirement here seems to be "have another field that displays the same thing as the select list is already showing".  Seems completely pointless, duplicating something the user can already see.

Have I understood that correctly?  If I have, then what is the point?

Yes, correct.

We are going to use this requirement in two scenarios. One is displaying the different list on selection of value of select list, and another is displaying same value on selection the select list value.

Is there any available solution. And these values should be displayed on create screen while raising request.

I am sorry, that makes even less sense.

You confirm that I have the right idea in your first line.  Which is "show the user their selection, which they can already see, in the field they entered it into".  Could you explain what the benefit of this for the user is?

You then go on to say "displaying the different list on selection  of value of select list" which I simply cannot begin to guess the meaning of.

Your last line is also confusing.  "These values should be displayed on create screen" - they already are.  They are in the fields the user is filling in.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Fadoua M. Boualem
Published Monday in Trello

Using Trello to manage events

As a Jira power user, I was at first doubtful that Trello could benefit my workflow. Jira already uses boards (ones you can customize!), so why would I even need to use Trello?! In this post you will...

474 views 7 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you