Using Groovyscript to query and insert issue key in email message

Adam Gaudry October 6, 2017

Hi there

I am using JIRA Suite Utilities to perform a post-function on a transition. When an assignee transitions a ticket to the next workflow, I would like to email the asignee with a short message along the lines of 

Hi 

Now [Issue Key] is implemented, please complete the post-implementation review.

The post-function allows me to use a groovyscript, but I have no experience (am a total noob) with groovyscript and I am not sure how to use this script so it imbeds the issue key in the middle of the body text.

Can anyone help?

Best wishes

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jenna Davis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2017

Hello, 

In order to get the issue key you can put this in the 'Conditions and Configurations' section, assuming you're using the built-in post function to send emails. 

config['key'] = issue.key

You can then access that issue key by using '$key' in the template section. 

If you can't get this to work or aren't using the built in script, please send me a screenshot of what you have currently so I can better know what you need to do. 

Hopefully this helps!
Jenna 

Adam Gaudry November 21, 2017

Thanks very much Jenna!

Adam Gaudry November 21, 2017

For anyone out there reading this, below is how I am doing this, using the JIRA misc workflow extensions plug-in. This is available by editing a transition, then going to post-functions and selecting to send a notification email:

A notification email will be sent with the following contents:

Subject: ${issue.getKey()} has been implemented. Please complete post-implementation review

HTML body:

Text body: Hi ${issue.assignee.displayName} Now that ${issue.getKey()} has been implemented, please complete the post-implementation review on the RFC. This should be done within two working days. Yours sincerely Change Manager

Recipients:

Issue members: Assignee

Users from fields:

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events