Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Keywords to automatically change comment visibility of Service Desk comments

Charlie February 11, 2020

Hello there,

im starting to get used to scripting with behaviours. At the moment i have following problem:

I have 2 jira projects, 1 is a service desk project. im using a sync to keep both projects up to date. The only problem i have is that whenever a new comment is added, it gets synced an internal comment into my service desk project.

Now i thought of maybe using a keyword to decide which comment stays internal and which comment is public. 

So i thought of something like:

Pseudocode:

if(new comment is added to service desk issue) {

if(!comment contains keyword) set comment to public
}

i would be thankful for any help or if someone knows a workaround, that would be great aswell!

thank you very miuch

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Alejandro Suárez - TecnoFor
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 21, 2020

You could add a recursive transition (from all statuses to all statuses) and with the behaviour plugin or custom validator force the commentary to be set. You could name this transition "Public Commentary" and that's it, all commentaries coming from this transition could be synced to the another project marking them as public.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events