Use Asset fields in script

Anna Smirnova May 3, 2023

Hello!
I have requirement, if the field have specific value, I have to show or hide other fields on JSM portal. And it works perfectly with usual fields and easy behaviour:

def projectCategory = getFieldByName("Category")
def otherProjectCategory = getFieldByName("Category Name")

def selectedOption = projectCategory.getValue() as String
log.debug "Selected option: $selectedOption"

if (selectedOption == "Other" ) {
otherProjectCategory.setHidden(false)
otherProjectCategory.setRequired(true)

}
else {
otherProjectCategory.setHidden(true)
otherProjectCategory.setRequired(false)
}

But now instead of usual custom field “Category” I need to use Asset field “Category”. But then script is not working.

Is there any way to do it?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

The behavior getValue() method on Insight Custom fields, will return the Object's Key (as String), not the label or name of the object.

Also, it might return a single string or an array of strings depending on a few factors.

• Whether you are in a regular jira screen or portal screen
  • Whether the field allows a single value or multiple

In the portal,  single fields will always return a single string value and multiple fields will always return an array - even an empty field will return an empty array.

In Jira, single fields always return a single string value. Multiple fields will return a string value if the field is empty or contain a single value and they'll return an array when you have more than one value selected.

You can place a simple script on that field to see for yourself what condition returns what

def formField = getFieldById(fieldChanged)
def val = formField.value
formField.setHelpText("$val ${val.getClass()}")

So in terms of your script logic, you either need to lookup the object key that matches "Other" and put that key in your script.

Or deal with the complex insight java api to load the object that match the selected key and read some attribute to base your logic on.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events