Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding scriptrunner scripted field: user picker (multiple users)

Christian Olschinka September 5, 2018

Hi,

I am trying to create a field in Jira, where one can edit a list of users, say customers that are affected by the issue. All pickable customers form a group in Jira. I wanted to use scriptrunner's User Picker (multiple users) scripted field to return only the group members prior to picking, but couldn't get this running: in the issue preview the field comes up only as a static list of the users returned by the script, with no possibility to pick further. My question: is this the expected behavior of the field and is this the wrong way to build a group limited user picker? According to the documentation this could be the case, but on the other hand one has to select a search template (multi user picker searcher), which indicates that the result of the script should still be searchable.

Jira has a group limited SINGLE user picker, but limited MULTI user picker has still suggestion status (see JRASERVER-36833). That’s why I try to find a solution using scriptrunner, which is available on the target instance.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Christian

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Mark Markov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2018

Hello @Christian Olschinka

Scripted fields designed just for display some calculated information.

But you can try to filter options with Scriptrunner Behaviours, method .setFieldOptions()

Christian Olschinka January 28, 2020

Hello Mark,

thank you for your suggestion, in the meantime we have solved the problem using an Elements Connect Field to build a limited multi user picker.

Regards

Christian

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events