Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to resolve class in Scriptrunner import clause

ralfeus April 23, 2018

Hi.

I'm writing a Scriptrunner script to manage Bamboo build plans upon Jira issue status change. For that I need to get an assigned to the issue branch. I do it that way:

import com.atlassian.jira.plugin.devstatus.impl.DefaultDevStatusSummaryService

def ccm = ComponentAccessor.getComponentClassManager()
def service = ccm.newInstance("com.atlassian.jira.plugin.devstatus.impl.DefaultDevStatusSummaryService")
def currentUser = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()

//def issue = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager().getIssueObject("CDI-5")
def details = service.getDetailData(issue.id, "stash", "pullrequest", currentUser).right().get().getDetail()

When I have first line with "import" commented out it works fine but syntax checker in the script editor underlines last line with "service.getDetailData" with error that "getDetailData" is unknown for "java.lang.Object", which is understandable. But if I uncomment first line I get a compiler error "unable to resolve class com.atlassian.jira.plugin.devstatus.impl.DevStatusSummaryService". Why is that? 

If I comment out first line and check type of the "service" variable I get:

class com.atlassian.jira.plugin.devstatus.impl.DefaultDevStatusSummaryService

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2018

this is not allowed .

How do you trigger the execution?

Add the directory to your script roots-https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/#_script_roots

Try the import with "@WithPlugin" directive e.g

@PluginModule
AllPublicStructureComponents structureComponents

// Specify that classes from this plugin should be available to this script
@WithPlugin("com.atlassian.jira.plugin.devstatus.impl.DefaultDevStatusSummaryService")
ralfeus April 23, 2018

What is not allowed? Using plugins in script?

So far I don't trigger the execution but start the script manually. In the future I'm going to run it as a post-function in workflow status transition.

Try the import with "@WithPlugin" directive e.g

I tried. The result was a bit different but the error was same:

unable to resolve class com.atlassian.jira.plugin.devstatus.impl.DevStatusSummaryService @ line 4, column 1. @WithPlugin("com.atlassian.jira.plugin.devstatus.impl.DefaultDevStatusSummaryService")

Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2018

@WithPlugin("enter plugin.key here")

Find the key here: Manage addons>select plugin>addon key.

This annotations only work when running a script that is under a script root (the script directory is teh script root by default. place your script there)…​ not a script outside a script root, nor code pasted into the console.

What is not allowed?

Your approach to import another plugin in your script.

ralfeus April 24, 2018

Yeah, you're right about @WithPlugin annotation.

Still if I comment "import" clause out I can run the script from script console (it accesses branches and pull requests of the issue). So it seems it's possible to access plugins from console scripts. How can it be?

Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 24, 2018

+1 for

How can it be?

You should create a support request to report unexpected behaviour. They should be able to explain it away. I am also curious.

ralfeus April 25, 2018

Ok, thanks. 

Created a request to Adaptavist https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2/SRJSUP-4549

Let's see what they say

ralfeus April 25, 2018

Actually even when running from file it gives same error:

2018-04-25 16:04:09,172 WARN [common.UserScriptEndpoint]: Script console script failed: org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: file:/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/scripts/test.groovy: 4: unable to resolve class com.atlassian.jira.plugin.devstatus.impl.DefaultDevStatusSummaryService @ line 4, column 1. @WithPlugin("com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-development-integration-plugin") ^ 1 error

Like hahamei likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events