Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get a field to be hidden or not hidden depending on the selection of a Custom Field

Davide Cascapera October 31, 2022

Hi all,

this is my behavior and I don't know why dosent work:

def field1 = getFieldById("customField_20600")

def field2 = getFieldById("customField_10001")

def fieldValue = field2.value()

if( fieldValue == "my chooise"){

field1.setHidden(false)

} else {

field1.setHidden (true)

}

When in the issue I compile field2 with my choose,  field1 remain in hide

thx in advance for your time                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2022

Hi @Davide Cascapera Apply Scriptrunner behaviour on Field 2 :- 

Try below script it should work :- 

def field1 = getFieldById("customField_20600")

def field2 = getFieldById("customField_10001")

if( field2.getValue()== "my chooise"){

field1.setHidden(false)

} else {

field1.setHidden (true)

}

Thanks

V.Y

Hi Vikrant thx for ur suggestion but doesnt work, I tried now and the field1 continued to stay in hiding when I select "my chooise" in field2

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2022

Hi @Davide Cascapera  i have tested the script on my machine , Script is working fine :- 

Have you applied behaviour script on Select list field ? 

def application = getFieldByName("Application Count")//Select list field

def description = getFieldByName("Description")//text field

if (application.getValue() == "1"){

description.setHidden(false)

} else {

description.setHidden(true)

}

Schermata 2022-10-31 alle 15.38.07.pngSchermata 2022-10-31 alle 15.38.32.pngSchermata 2022-10-31 alle 15.38.49.png

before dependent leave I should see  a field named Settlements

I know that the syntax is correct and the behavior should be working, I think maybe there is another bheavior goes in conflict with mine

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2022

@Davide Cascapera  Thanks for the screenshot,  Custom Request Type is not a Custom field, this is Scripted field or Programmatically field, that's why behaviour is not working. 

Like Davide Cascapera likes this

Thank you very much for the help Vikrant !!!!!

Like Vikrant Yadav likes this
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2022

You’re Welcome 😊

Happy to help!

Like Davide Cascapera likes this
0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2022

Hi @Davide Cascapera 

From the script you provided, I'll take it that you are working on server, rather than on cloud that you have stated in this thread. I'll change the tags.

oh my bad sry! ty for changed tags

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events