cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time in Status - Script Runner - custom scripted field - Reset on status change

Steven Mustari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2019

The following code and variations has been circulating around on how to calculate a time in the template "duration" format for an issue. I have the code working but I believe it is setup to calculate a cumulative total of any time the issue has been in a status during it's lifecycle.

I'm attempting to create a version of this code that will only show the current instance of being this status (any status). So for instance:

• Issue is created ->
  • Open (returns time in this instance of Open) ->
  • In Progress (returns time in this instance of In Progress) ->
  • Open (returns time in this instance of Open not adding the time from any previous instance)
  • In Progress (returns time in this instance of In Progress not adding the time from any previous instance)

Here is the code being utilized:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

def changeHistoryManager = ComponentAccessor.changeHistoryManager
def currentStatusName = issue?.status?.name

def rt = [0L]
changeHistoryManager.getChangeItemsForField (issue, "status").reverse().each {item ->

def timeDiff = System.currentTimeMillis() - item.created.getTime()
if (item.fromString == currentStatusName) {
rt << -timeDiff
}
if (item.toString == currentStatusName){
rt << timeDiff
}
}
def total = rt.sum() as Long
return (total / 1000) as long ?: 0L

I would like this data to retain the duration template if at all possible.

My thought is I need to get the last status change time here somehow, and eliminate the second if statement?

Thank you in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steven Mustari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2019
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events