Maya_Chase November 8, 2017

I have a scriptrunner script, and all seems well until the last line:

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue;
import com.opensymphony.workflow.InvalidInputException;
import org.apache.log4j.Category;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.CustomFieldManager;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField;
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor;

def Category log = Category.getInstance("com.onresolve.jira.groovy.PostFunction")

def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager();
def cf1 = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectsByName("New Hire Account provisioning");
def nhap = cf1.iterator().next();
def nhapvalue = issue.getCustomFieldValue(nhap);

log.setLevel(org.apache.log4j.Level.DEBUG);
log.debug("NHAp: ${nhapvalue}");

if (nhapvalue == "Egencia")
{
invalidInputException = new InvalidInputException("Don't forget to provide the full legal name.")
}

----------------------

I get the message "[Static type checking] - The variable [invalidInputException] is undeclared." I've used this exact structure in another script, and it works flawlessly; I'm baffled as to why it isn't working here. Any ideas?

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2017

Hi Maya. 

If it is a static type error, does it mean that you haven't actually run it yet? Do you mean that you are getting one of the small red crosses in your code?

If so, that could mean that it isn't broken at all. Could you save the script and run it?

Cheers

DYelamos

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2017

Please indicate where both of the scripts are located. It's likely that one of the locations has InvalidInputException already within scope, whereas the location you're trying to use it in now does NOT have it in scope.

Maya_Chase November 9, 2017

The other script is in a post-function on a Resolve transition, whereas this one is in a post-function on a Create. So yes, it could be that there's something already in the other workflow that allows it to work. So how do I bring this one in scope?

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2017

Perhaps just trying defining the variable? 

def invalidInputException
if(name='aCoolName'){
invalidInputException = new InvalidInputException("Please provide the full legal name")
}
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events